Job Description and Tasks
Candidate will assist with the filing of administrative appeals and documentation to health insurers and governmental payers. Candidate will have to work well with attorneys and paralegals, as well as maintain the workload, work under pressure, and be a team player.
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Quickly and efficiently review medical records and submit well-written appeals to health insurers and governmental payers.
- Be comfortable, skilled, assertive, cordial, and professional on the telephone to follow up on submitted appeals.
- Navigate through various computer systems and applications to find information about insurance claims.
- Perform any other administrative duties as may be necessary.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Highly attentive to detail and able to handle large amounts of paperwork for a busy office.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Clear, concise, and logical writing style.
- Basic working knowledge of medical terminology and diagnostic procedures.
- Previous coursework and/or work experience in biological sciences or healthcare.
- Prior experience in a clinical healthcare setting strongly preferred.
To submit an application, please email your resume and cover letter and list the position title in the subject line.