Job Description and Tasks:
Candidates will have to manage their workload, perform under pressure, and work well with the rest of the team.
- Quickly and efficiently review medical records and submit well-written appeals to health insurers and governmental payers.
- Be comfortable, skilled, assertive, cordial, and professional on the telephone to follow up on submitted appeals.
- Navigate through various computer systems and applications to find information about insurance claims.
- Analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations for current and prospective clients
- Lead the implementation of special projects as needed
- Either an MA OR 2+ years relevant work experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Highly attentive to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Clear, concise, and logical writing style
- Project management skills
- Creative problem-solver
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel (must know Pivot Tables)
- Prior experience in a clinical setting (e.g. hospital, doctor’s office, outpatient facility) OR in a business/financial setting (e.g. bank, brokerage, accounting or consulting firm)
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Stata, R, Microsoft Access)