Job Description and Tasks:
Candidates will have to manage their workload, perform under pressure, and work well with the rest of the team.
- Quickly and efficiently review medical records and submit well-written appeals to health insurers and governmental payers.
- Be comfortable, skilled, assertive, cordial, and professional on the telephone to follow up on submitted appeals.
- Navigate through various computer systems and applications to find information about insurance claims.
- Analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations for current and prospective clients
- Lead the implementation of special projects as needed
- Either an MA OR 2+ years relevant work experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Highly attentive to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Clear, concise, and logical writing style
- Project management skills
- Creative problem-solver
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel (must know Pivot Tables)
- Prior experience in a clinical setting (e.g. hospital, doctor’s office, outpatient facility) OR in a business/financial setting (e.g. bank, brokerage, accounting or consulting firm)
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Stata, R, Microsoft Access)
To submit an application, please email your resume and cover letter and list the position title in the subject line.