Job Description and Tasks
Candidate’s primary function will be to scan documents, mail documents, and contact health insurance companies in order to obtain the status of previously submitted appeals. Candidates will have to work well with attorneys and paralegals, maintain the workload, work under pressure, and be a team player.
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Handle large volumes of documents, including accurately scanning and mailing documents.
- Be comfortable, skilled, assertive, cordial, and professional on the telephone to follow up on submitted appeals.
- Navigate through various computer systems and applications to find information about insurance claims.
- Draft correspondences and other formal documents.
- Greet and assist onsite guests, including mail carriers and package deliveries.
- Answer and appropriately transfer inbound telephone calls.
- Perform any other administrative duties as may be necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Clear, concise, and logical writing style.
- Computer-savvy, able to learn new applications/software quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in office administration or other related field.
- Basic working knowledge of the US healthcare system.
To submit an application, please email your resume and cover letter and list the position title in the subject line.