Mariam has experience resolving regulatory and compliance matters related to Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement disputes. She represents healthcare facilities in dispute resolution procedures involving managed care organizations, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and commercial payers.
Prior to starting at HLS, Mariam worked as a public health law research assistant for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She also wrote and analyzed public health-related legislative policies and bills for Councilwoman Cindy Bass of the 8th District of Philadelphia.
Education and Credentials
- JD, concentration in Health Law, Drexel University Kline School of Law
- MS, Public Policy – Thesis: Welfare Policy Creation and History, Drexel University
- Graduate Certificate, Ethical Thought and Theory – Bioethics, Virginal Tech
- BS, Psychology, Virginia Tech
- BA, Philosophy, Concentration in Pre-Medical Profession, Virginia Tech
- Bar Member, State of Virginia